The Hayward PowerFlo LX is a high-performance pump series designed for the rigors of aboveground and on-ground type swimming pools. Combining durable, corrosion-proof construction with advanced features and options, it offers dependable performance and quiet operation. The advanced design reduces required maintenance to simple, common-sense procedures. Made of the high-strength PermaGlass XL material this pump has a clear cover to let you see when basket needs cleaning. An extra-large debris basket (118-cubic-inches) keeps pool maintenance to a minimum by extending time between cleanings. Rigid construction with load extender ribbing ensures free-flowing operation for heavy debris loads. The pump also offers 100-percent drip proof, heat-resistant double-sized seal for long motor life. It features a 1-1/2 inch intake and discharge, and a 6-foot power cord (120-volt). Hayward PowerFlo LX has self-lubricating motor bearings and shaft seals. No lubrication is necessary. The 60-cycle single-phase motor is rated for 1-1/2-horsepower (115-volts) and 20-amp circuit breakers. The pump motor is equipped with automatic thermal overload protection. The thermal overload will shut the motor off under abnormal conditions before damage to motor occurs. The motor will auto-restart when safer heat level is reached. For storage and winterizing your pump is important. Pump and motor must be protected from freezing. Shut off all electric power. Disconnect cord/electrical connections and plumbing connections. Drain thoroughly and clean out any debris. Store pump and motor in a dry, well-ventilated room.
- The Hayward SP1580X15 PowerFlo LX pump with strainer is a high-performance pump designed for above-ground and on-ground pools
- The 100-percent drip proof, heat-resistant double-sized seal allows for long motor life; rated at 1-1/2-horesepower
- Features a 1-1/2 inch intake and discharge, high performance impeller, and heat-resistant double-sided seal for long motor life
- Clear cover lets you see when basket needs cleaning and the drain plug allows for easy maintenance of pump
- Exclusive corrosion-proof reinforced thermoplastic housing for all-weather performance and quiet operation; includes 6-foot 120-volt power cord